Do what you love, and love what you do.
We firmly believe you should, and we hope you do, too.
As a member of the PeopleFirm Tribe, you’ll design and implement people-centric solutions for some of the most interesting companies in the world. And you get to do it with a tight-knit group of smart, funny, and genuinely nice people.
We take our work seriously, but never ourselves.
We mean it when we say we’re not like any other consulting firm you might know. Transparency and straight talk are required. Titles, hierarchy, and closed-door office space aren’t interesting to us. We leave the egos outside, and we all roll up our sleeves to get things done. And we know how to celebrate when we finish.
A career at PeopleFirm means living the values that shape our very unique culture. (Check them out a tab or two over).
Our people are our success.
We are committed to helping our clients develop a competitive edge through their people. So, naturally, we believe that our own success comes from a happy, healthy, supported team. At PeopleFirm you’re not a number or a rung on the corporate ladder. We refer to our team as “the tribe,” and we go to great lengths to take care of our own.
Your Work/Life Balance.
Unlimited paid time off. No joke. We trust our employees to take the time they need. Paid holidays, including an extended year-end shutdown through New Year’s Day. Leaves of absence, including a generous paid maternity leave.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, with PeopleFirm paying 75% of premium costs for our standard plan (a buy-up premium plan is available). Flexible spending accounts. Short- and long-term disability insurance, with PeopleFirm paying 100% of premium costs.
Your Financial Future.
SIMPLE IRA with employer matching. Supplemental life insurance. Annual bonus program in which all employees are eligible to participate.
Your Professional Growth.
Our Lily Pad Career Development Model (you can take a look a few tabs over) allows you to truly shape your own career path. Training and certification opportunities. Projects that allow you to work on the type of stuff you really love. If you are focused on people-centric strategy and implementation efforts like we are, that’s what you’ll be doing.
Opportunities to Connect.
Monthly Tribe all-hands meetings. Regular team celebrations (lunch, dinner, happy hour…) Volunteer, community involvement, and pro bono opportunities. And an annual multi-day retreat for all Tribe members.
Rewards and Recognition.
Annual bonus program in which all employees are eligible to participate. PF Buck$ (we give you cash to reward your co-workers… and for them to reward you). Annual Tribe Awards presented at our retreat(s). And many more, big and small.
You’re looking for something different. So are we.
You can feel the difference the moment you walk into any of our offices. You can hear it, too: stereo turned up, eruptions of laughter, passionate discussions. And you can see it: funky details, green walls, no cubicles, no fancy nameplates. We take our work very seriously, but never ourselves.
We’re not a traditional firm. You might even call us quirky (go ahead, we don’t mind.) And we are lucky to have built an incredible team of consultants who are a little different, too. We strive to create a work environment where you’re known for what you do and how you do it, with minimal hierarchy, and a quirky perspective on titles. One that aspires to recognize our strengths and our differences, and celebrates our successes and learns from our mistakes.
People with successful careers at PeopleFirmer are self-directed, and ready for a culture that supports open feedback and peer-based support.
Our Lily Pad Career Development Model (you can take a look a couple of tabs over) allows for you to take charge of your career path, “hopping” to your next landing pad when you’re ready. It’s unconventional, but it’s works well for the type of creative, outside-the-box people PeopleFirm attracts.
Located in the cross section of downtown and the hip, urban Belltown neighborhood, the PeopleFirm headquarters is just steps away from the best of the Emerald City. When we’re not at client sites, we’re happy to come home to our 6th Avenue oasis where we pop around the corner for a Top Pot Doughnut, grab a coffee at Uptown Espresso, or have lunch at Dahlia Lounge. The office is near the crossroads of most of the city’s bus lines, the light rail to the Sea-Tac Airport, and the Monorail.
Tech savvy, highly caffeinated, and just a little geeky, Seattle is home to some of the world’s leading software, retail, consumer product, and aerospace companies. For more about Seattle, visit Seattle.gov’s Living in Seattle guide or visitseattle.org.
Did you know there’s more to Portland than biking, drinking coffee, and dodging raindrops? Well, sure, some of our employees bike to work in the rain while sipping dark roast, but at our new Portland office, just steps from the Southwest waterfront, where we all come together on Fridays, you can even catch a glimpse of Mt Hood on a sunny day! Located conveniently at the confluence of bike and pedestrian paths, the Portland Streetcar, the Max train, and the freeway, you never feel more than a hop, skip, or a pedal from any destination.
Portland’s embrace of foodie inspired restaurants (food carts included) and proximity to world class outdoor experiences make it a hub for creative, inspired adventurers. For more about Portland, visit travelportland.com.
Named the top destination in Canada, Vancouver has an international feel and some seriously great food. Surrounded by water and with a stunning backdrop of snow-topped mountains, Vancouver is known for incredibly beauty, world-class shopping, and serious recreation. For more, visit tourismvancouver.com.
Take our work seriously, but never ourselves.
You may have seen them scattered throughout this website. That’s because our simple values are incredibly important to us – they are the culture code that’s at the very heart and soul of who we are.
- Do what we love and love what we do.
- Think straight, talk straight, act with integrity.
- Leave each client interaction better than when we came to it.
- Celebrate individuals, capitalize on our differences, achieve as a team.
- Take our work seriously; never take ourselves too seriously.
- Engage thoughtfully in our communities.
- Do no harm.
The PeopleFirm Lily Pad Career Development Model
What does it mean to ‘bleed green’? Think of it as team spirit, and green as our team color. To bleed green means you are committed 100% (or more!) to the PeopleFirm mission and values. It is the lily pad we’re all always leaping from.
Current job openings:
Seattle Market Lead:
We’re a successful (and growing) management consulting firm, and we’re looking to hire a Market Lead in our Seattle office. This key member of the PeopleFirm Seattle office will drive Seattle market growth and profitability, develop key business and client relationships, and continue to enhance PeopleFirm’s positive and recognized brand within the market.
We’re a close-knit culture (we call ourselves The Tribe), with a strong culture code, a focus on living and working our values, and having fun along the way. If a team like ours sounds interesting to you, read on for more deets.
Success in this role means growing market revenue and delivery profitability. The Market Lead will achieve this growth by maintaining and enhancing our existing client relationships, as well as expanding our delivery footprint into new targeted organizations. Success means supporting our committed and engaged local team of consultants in achieving their career aspirations, and ensuring we sustain our healthy tribe culture. Lastly, success means leading our efforts to enhance and promote our unique PeopleFirm brand within the Seattle market.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Take accountability for the growth of the Seattle market by leading the development of a market-centric strategy for solution-based sales and team growth.
- Ensure market revenue growth and profitability. Actively drive business development with the express purpose of selling new projects and identifying new opportunities. Develop proposals, presentations, and statements of work (SOW). Successfully connect with prospects/clients and design & sell solution-based engagements. Expectation is to own and manage sales of $3M annually to start, with growth to $5M+. Deal size ranges from 10k to 250k, depending on project scope and level of complexity.
- Develop, broaden and deepen relationships with key business leaders within the Seattle market, leverage professional contacts, maintain community involvement, and grow market presence and brand recognition for the benefit of PeopleFirm.
- Nurture the PeopleFirm Tribe members in Seattle to create a positive community aligned with PeopleFirm values and our culture code. Includes recruiting strategy and execution, staffing planning, talent review and feedback, supporting career development, mentoring, promoting and engaging in events for the local team, etc.
- Able to manage administrative aspects of consultative engagements including mitigating engagement risk, project planning and budgeting, managing invoices and accounts receivable, defining deliverables, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client. Ensure quality delivery across the market.
- Able to execute client delivery consulting projects, assessments, map solutions to client business processes, and develop value proposition and business case.
- Partner with Service Leads to ensure a strong mix of services is delivered and sold in the market, build market-specific sales strategies, and ensure local Tribe members are skilled up to help deliver those services.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting client delivery with a minimum of 5+ years business development and sales of management consulting services.
- Demonstrated success growing and extending a client base over time.
- Successful record of growing and developing people.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills, including experience engaging with C-Suite or Executive level clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus
Director of Business Development:
We’re a management consulting firm focused on helping our clients achieve the ultimate win-win: inspired people driving inspiring performance – and we’re looking to hire a senior-level Business Developer to drive business development/sales and support our growth. More deets follow below, so read on if you think you have those chops and can handle a bogey between $2-3M annually.
Let’s talk location first: we have some flexibility in where this person is based. Our preference is for our core markets of Seattle or Portland. A close second option to consider is someplace on the west coast. For the absolutely amazing candidate we’d consider other locations. But regardless of location, you’ll be responsible for sales in our core markets, and beyond. And you’ll need to be willing and able to easily and efficiently travel to play this role regardless of where you live.
The Senior Business Developer role is a highly visible one, focused on signing new clients and selling work. This role has responsibility for expanding PeopleFirm’s management consulting services into new organizations. To be successful, you’ll have to map to our values and our culture and you’ll have to be able to design and sell solutions (not set products). You’re a team of one who collaborates with many, and will need to demonstrate both strategic and scrappy get’r’done skills.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Develop and manage the sales strategy and plan to expand our consulting services into organizations that are not existing clients of PeopleFirm, or haven’t been clients for a while
- Develop trusted relationships with executive-level personnel at prospects; grow and nurture those relationships over time; we expect you to bring an active network of relevant contacts as well to give you a head-start, and we’ll also plug you into our networks too
- Work closely with the consulting team to build and execute successful sales plans, to ensure impactful conversations in the market, and, in time, to provide input and feedback from the market in order to influence the evolution of our services
- Assist in or drive the development of proposals and responses to RFPs
- Implement best practices for generating leads, tracking opportunities, and managing sales opportunities; contribute to the evolution of our firm’s business development methodology, infrastructure, and acumen
- Manage account timelines, budgets, and other critical administration responsibilities
- Grow awareness of our brand and build your own professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements, or community activities
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to connect with prospects to understand their needs and then design & sell solution-based engagements that map to our unique service capabilities – not products, not subscriptions or memberships, but solution-based services
- 10+ years of sales experience in management consulting, advisory, and/or professional services; sales experience or subject matter expertise related to Human Capital consulting services is a significant advantage
- If you don’t bring prior experience in the Human Capital space, we want to understand your passion and interest around this stuff – because it’s all we do
- Experience developing new relationships while successfully maintaining existing relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within PeopleFirm; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills across all levels within an organization; strong presentation and selling/influencing skills; solid poise, polish, and executive presence
- Strong commitment to customer service and “getting it right”; strong negotiation and client management skills
- Ability to successfully collaborate with PeopleFirm colleagues, and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; experience working with virtual teams is required
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently; demonstrated success at managing both the strategy and the details
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with others, build sales skills across our organization, and mentor others in building their skills
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems
Change Management consultant – Portland, OR
PeopleFirm is looking to hire Seattle and Portland-based consultants with prior relevant change management experience to lead, manage, and deliver organizational change initiatives for our local clients. We are recognized for our best practices in designing and leading change management and adoption efforts which accelerate change driven by culture transformation, organization restructuring, leadership transitions, business process redesign, and technology implementations. Position requirements are detailed below.
- Seasoned Change Management professional with prior consulting experience preferred from firms specializing in Change Management, OD, Talent Management, or Human Capital consulting.
- 5+ years of prior experience in change management.
- Skills in project management, communications, training, and change management methodologies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; related advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience using multiple change management methodologies is a plus, fluency with Prosci methodology is desirable.
A bit about us:
PeopleFirm is a strategy and implementation management consulting firm dedicated to achieving the ultimate win-win for our clients: inspired people driving inspiring performance. We call ourselves a “Tribe” and we are unlike any other consulting firm you may know. Check out our website (www.peoplefirm.com) for more information about who we are and what we do for our clients, the recognition we’ve earned in the marketplace, and what it’s like to work in the Tribe. With offices in Seattle and Portland OR, and with clients all across the country, we believe even more goodness lies ahead.
Not only do we impress our clients, but we rock it for our own team! For our employees, we offer a highly-competitive compensation package, a discretionary bonus program, medical/dental/vision, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. To provide our team members with time to recharge, we offer paid holidays and an unlimited PTO policy for salaried employees. Finally, to enable our employees to grow and thrive over the course of their career with us, we provide progressive career management processes, no titles, limited hierarchy, and a collaborative team environment.
Recent recognition includes being named as a top employer by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, Seattle Business Monthly Magazine, and Consulting Magazine and as one of the best workplaces by Oregon Business Magazine. Our firm’s expansion has earned us rankings among top-growth surveys by the Puget Sound Business Journal and Inc’s 500/5000 List. We have been consistently recognized as one of the top Women-owned Businesses in Washington State. We are proud of our accomplishments and we truly value creating and fostering PeopleFirm as a great workplace for our employees.
We’re growing – and we’re looking for the next talented, generally awesome, (and nice!) person to join our successful practice and contribute to even more growth.
Interested in joining our growing team?
We’re looking for innovative experts in change management, talent management, and organizational design. Does this sound like you? You have 8-10 years prior experience, including experience consulting in large firms or firms specializing in organizational performance, change management, talent management, or human capital consulting. You might have an advanced degree in a relevant discipline. You cringe at cookie cutter solutions, and you’re known for your creativity and innovation. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can think big and also dive in to do the work. You think straight, talk straight, and communicate well. You have experience with people/team management, as well as large and complex project management. You’re interested in traveling up to 100% to meet a project’s needs. You’ve read our values, and you’re on board with the way we work. If it sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Like most things about our company, the recruitment process at PeopleFirm is a little different. Because we don’t put too much stock in hierarchy, there’s no formal ascending path of important people you’ll follow. If your skills and experience seem like a match, over the course of a number of weeks you’ll talk with a range of people from the firm. It might take a little longer than you’re used to, but hang with us — it’s worth it. Because our culture is so important, we want to make sure we’re truly the perfect fit for you, and vice versa, before you become a member of the Tribe. Besides, taking the time to be transparent and making sure all of your questions to be answered sure seems like a good use of our time. And yours.