Do what you love, and love what you do.
We firmly believe you should, and we hope you do, too.
As a member of the PeopleFirm Tribe, you’ll design and implement people-centric solutions for some of the most interesting companies in the world. And you get to do it with a tight-knit group of smart, funny, and genuinely nice people.
We take our work seriously, but never ourselves.
We mean it when we say we’re not like any other consulting firm you might know. Transparency and straight talk are required. Titles, hierarchy, and closed-door office space aren’t interesting to us. We leave the egos outside, and we all roll up our sleeves to get things done. And we know how to celebrate when we finish.
A career at PeopleFirm means living the values that shape our very unique culture. (Check them out a tab or two over).
Our people are our success.
We are committed to helping our clients develop a competitive edge through their people. So, naturally, we believe that our own success comes from a happy, healthy, supported team. At PeopleFirm you’re not a number or a rung on the corporate ladder. We refer to our team as “the tribe,” and we go to great lengths to take care of our own.
Your Work/Life Balance.
Unlimited paid time off. No joke. We trust our employees to take the time they need. Paid holidays, including an extended year-end shutdown through New Year’s Day. Leaves of absence, including a generous paid maternity leave.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, with PeopleFirm paying 75% of premium costs for our standard plan (a buy-up premium plan is available). Flexible spending accounts. Short- and long-term disability insurance, with PeopleFirm paying 100% of premium costs.
Your Financial Future.
SIMPLE IRA with employer matching. Supplemental life insurance. Annual bonus program in which all employees are eligible to participate.
Your Professional Growth.
Our Lily Pad Career Development Model (you can take a look a few tabs over) allows you to truly shape your own career path. Training and certification opportunities. Projects that allow you to work on the type of stuff you really love. If you are focused on people-centric strategy and implementation efforts like we are, that’s what you’ll be doing.
Opportunities to Connect.
Monthly Tribe all-hands meetings. Regular team celebrations (lunch, dinner, happy hour…) Volunteer, community involvement, and pro bono opportunities. And an annual multi-day retreat for all Tribe members.
Rewards and Recognition.
Annual bonus program in which all employees are eligible to participate. PF Buck$ (we give you cash to reward your co-workers… and for them to reward you). Annual Tribe Awards presented at our retreat(s). And many more, big and small.
You’re looking for something different. So are we.
You can feel the difference the moment you walk into any of our offices. You can hear it, too: stereo turned up, eruptions of laughter, passionate discussions. And you can see it: funky details, green walls, no cubicles, no fancy nameplates. We take our work very seriously, but never ourselves.
We’re not a traditional firm. You might even call us quirky (go ahead, we don’t mind.) And we are lucky to have built an incredible team of consultants who are a little different, too. We strive to create a work environment where you’re known for what you do and how you do it, with minimal hierarchy, and a quirky perspective on titles. One that aspires to recognize our strengths and our differences, and celebrates our successes and learns from our mistakes.
People with successful careers at PeopleFirmer are self-directed, and ready for a culture that supports open feedback and peer-based support.
Our Lily Pad Career Development Model (you can take a look a couple of tabs over) allows for you to take charge of your career path, “hopping” to your next landing pad when you’re ready. It’s unconventional, but it’s works well for the type of creative, outside-the-box people PeopleFirm attracts.
Located in the cross section of downtown and the hip, urban Belltown neighborhood, the PeopleFirm headquarters is just steps away from the best of the Emerald City. When we’re not at client sites, we’re happy to come home to our 6th Avenue oasis where we pop around the corner for a Top Pot Doughnut, grab a coffee at Uptown Espresso, or have lunch at Dahlia Lounge. The office is near the crossroads of most of the city’s bus lines, the light rail to the Sea-Tac Airport, and the Monorail.
Tech savvy, highly caffeinated, and just a little geeky, Seattle is home to some of the world’s leading software, retail, consumer product, and aerospace companies. For more about Seattle, visit Seattle.gov’s Living in Seattle guide or visitseattle.org.
Did you know there’s more to Portland than biking, drinking coffee, and dodging raindrops? Well, sure, some of our employees bike to work in the rain while sipping dark roast, but at our new Portland office, just steps from the Southwest waterfront, where we all come together on Fridays, you can even catch a glimpse of Mt Hood on a sunny day! Located conveniently at the confluence of bike and pedestrian paths, the Portland Streetcar, the Max train, and the freeway, you never feel more than a hop, skip, or a pedal from any destination.
Portland’s embrace of foodie inspired restaurants (food carts included) and proximity to world class outdoor experiences make it a hub for creative, inspired adventurers. For more about Portland, visit travelportland.com.
Take our work seriously, but never ourselves.
You may have seen them scattered throughout this website. That’s because our simple values are incredibly important to us – they are the culture code that’s at the very heart and soul of who we are.
- Do what we love and love what we do.
- Think straight, talk straight, act with integrity.
- Leave each client interaction better than when we came to it.
- Celebrate individuals, capitalize on our differences, achieve as a team.
- Take our work seriously; never take ourselves too seriously.
- Engage thoughtfully in our communities.
- Do no harm.
The PeopleFirm Lily Pad Career Development Model
What does it mean to ‘bleed green’? Think of it as team spirit, and green as our team color. To bleed green means you are committed 100% (or more!) to the PeopleFirm mission and values. It is the lily pad we’re all always leaping from.
Current job openings:
Consultant (Seattle or Portland)
PeopleFirm is looking for Seattle and Portland-based consultants with deep expertise in helping employers achieve the ultimate win-win: inspired people driving inspiring performance.
- Significant experience in Change Management, Talent Management, or Organizational Design at Fortune 500 companies
- Strong consulting chops, including ability to facilitate, develop strong client relations, navigate successfully through ambiguity with grit and tenacity, pay attention to detail while keeping focus on the bigger picture
- Impressive PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Collaborative, roll-up-your-sleeves work style
- Flexibility to travel for project work
Prior consulting experience is a huge plus. Must be based in Seattle or Portland. Relocation is not available at this time.
We want a diverse mix of talent, so we seek out people with different types of experiences and backgrounds.
Chief of Staff – Seattle, WA
PeopleFirm is looking to hire a Chief of Staff to provide support for our busy and dynamic CEO, Tamra Chandler. This is a new role that we’ve decided to bring into PeopleFirm to create greater support and efficiency for Tamra across a wide variety of tasks that allow her to focus on the higher value areas of thought leadership, strategic client delivery, and PeopleFirm strategy. Successfully playing this role means an ability to take action and move tasks forward, to learn all aspects of our work, and to ultimately provide “lift” for Tamra. Potential career path for this role could include transitioning into our Consulting Team and delivering services to clients – but we’re seeking a person to fill the role for a minimum 12-month commitment first before we discuss any transition planning steps.
You need to be willing to do all levels of work – this may range from making sure boxes of books arrive at a conference to attending important sales meetings with C-level execs. One minute you might be managing Tamra’s calendar and travel itineraries and then next working on strategic documents to drive PeopleFirm’s growth. As you demonstrate success and build Tamra’s trust, your scope and level of assignments will grow as well. Work schedule and priorities will be dynamic, so you should be ultra-flexible and resilient to match. In turn, it’s a great development opportunity to get to shadow and learn from an award-winning leader in her field, one of the very best in our humble opinion!
- Support sales process by attending business development meetings, creating proposals, updating internal tools, and ensuring timely follow up
- Ensure CEO is well prepared for conferences and speaking engagements: prep materials, distribute seat cards, track potential BD leads, and send follow up emails.
- Provide assistance with client delivery, such as capturing content from workshops, creating or editing slide decks, and reviewing materials
- Support the promotion of books and other thought leadership
- Assist Tamra with elements of her role related to PeopleFirm leadership, our strategic initiatives, and our general business
- Provide administrative support to Tamra, such as scheduling meetings, booking travel, and completing expense reports, etc.
Required Experience and Attributes:
- We think that an experienced professional with 3-4 years of prior consulting experience is the best fit. And you have to have a passion or interest in our disciplines, if you don’t have prior experience in our space. We do have a preference for someone possessing prior experience with consulting firms specializing in Change Management, OD, Talent Management, or Human Capital consulting; relevant experience in an internal role in one of these areas may also suffice.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong project management, and ability to follow through on a wide variety of tasks and to multi-task constantly.
- Strong customer service orientation, helping others succeed, delighting customers and clients, going the extra mile, and a focus on leaving things better than when you found them.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, an ability and comfort speaking with all levels in an organization. Comfort with receiving feedback; openness to seek feedback and extend it appropriately to others.
- Strong PowerPoint skills with some design chops to quickly be able to create visually appealing slide decks and other materials.
- Interest in and aptitude for inside sales work; prior experience supporting business development would be a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; related advanced degree is a plus.
- Must be located in Seattle, willing to travel on a regular basis, and be able to flex your work schedule dynamically. This is an exempt role and the baseline expectation is 45 hours per week, with the workload flexing above that regularly.
Portland Based Account Lead:
We’re a people-oriented management consulting firm, and we’re looking to hire an Account Lead position for a Beaverton-based athletic apparel and footwear company. This role is a key member of the PeopleFirm Portland leadership team, responsible for growing business in this key account, ensuring the delivery of top-quality consulting services, building and maintaining strong client relationships, and mentoring our team of consultants who deliver work for this client.
We’re a close-knit culture (we call ourselves “a Tribe”), with a strong culture code, a focus on living and working our values without a lot of hierarchy, and having fun along the way. If a team like ours sounds interesting to you, read on for more deets.
Success in this role means driving account growth and revenue by bringing PeopleFirm services to solve client business needs and ensuring profitable delivery. The Account Lead will achieve this growth by maintaining and enhancing our existing client relationships, as well as expanding our delivery footprint into new teams and departments. We would like for you to have existing knowledge of and have established executive-level client relationships at the sportswear company. Leveraging your knowledge and relationships should result in developing a strong account plan that will result in expanding our reach and growth in each account. Success also means supporting our committed and engaged local team of consultants in achieving their career aspirations, and ensuring we sustain our healthy tribe culture. Lastly, success means leading our efforts to enhance and promote our unique PeopleFirm brand within the Portland market.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Define, build, and implement account sales strategy
- Manage project portfolio, account resources, and identify and develops new opportunities within account.
- Able to deepen our knowledge of the client’s business needs and map them to our current service offerings.
- Deliver high quality work as a lead consultant in several of these areas: organizational effectiveness, change management, leadership development, organizational design and/or HR process improvement.
- Build trusted client advisor partnerships across the account.
- Build and manage account team, help develop team knowledge, provide coaching, and remove obstacles that may inhibit individual project success. Create a positive account environment and ensure account team members have opportunities to meet development goals.
- Responsible for account quality assurance and minimize any risk associated with project delivery provided to the client.
- Proven track record of delivering work at the sportswear company and solid existing relationships across the organization.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting client delivery with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in account management.
- Demonstrated success growing and extending a client base over time.
- Successful record of growing and developing people.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills, including experience engaging with C-Suite or Executive level clients.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities, with the ability to multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus
Change Management Consultant – Portland, OR
PeopleFirm is looking to hire Seattle and Portland-based consultants with prior relevant change management experience to lead, manage, and deliver organizational change initiatives for our local clients. We are recognized for our best practices in designing and leading change management and adoption efforts which accelerate change driven by culture transformation, organization restructuring, leadership transitions, business process redesign, and technology implementations. Position requirements are detailed below.
- Seasoned Change Management professional with prior consulting experience preferred from firms specializing in Change Management, OD, Talent Management, or Human Capital consulting.
- 5+ years of prior experience in change management.
- Skills in project management, communications, training, and change management methodologies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; related advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience using multiple change management methodologies is a plus, fluency with Prosci methodology is desirable.
A bit about us:
PeopleFirm is a strategy and implementation management consulting firm dedicated to achieving the ultimate win-win for our clients: inspired people driving inspiring performance. We call ourselves a “Tribe” and we are unlike any other consulting firm you may know. Check out our website (www.peoplefirm.com) for more information about who we are and what we do for our clients, the recognition we’ve earned in the marketplace, and what it’s like to work in the Tribe. With offices in Seattle and Portland OR, and with clients all across the country, we believe even more goodness lies ahead.
Not only do we impress our clients, but we rock it for our own team! For our employees, we offer a highly-competitive compensation package, a discretionary bonus program, medical/dental/vision, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. To provide our team members with time to recharge, we offer paid holidays and an unlimited PTO policy for salaried employees. Finally, to enable our employees to grow and thrive over the course of their career with us, we provide progressive career management processes, no titles, limited hierarchy, and a collaborative team environment.
Recent recognition includes being named as a top employer by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, Seattle Business Monthly Magazine, and Consulting Magazine and as one of the best workplaces by Oregon Business Magazine. Our firm’s expansion has earned us rankings among top-growth surveys by the Puget Sound Business Journal and Inc’s 500/5000 List. We have been consistently recognized as one of the top Women-owned Businesses in Washington State. We are proud of our accomplishments and we truly value creating and fostering PeopleFirm as a great workplace for our employees.
We’re growing – and we’re looking for the next talented, generally awesome, (and nice!) person to join our successful practice and contribute to even more growth.
Interested in joining our growing team?
We’re looking for innovative experts in change management, talent management, and organizational design. Does this sound like you? You have 8-10 years prior experience, including experience consulting in large firms or firms specializing in organizational performance, change management, talent management, or human capital consulting. You might have an advanced degree in a relevant discipline. You cringe at cookie cutter solutions, and you’re known for your creativity and innovation. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can think big and also dive in to do the work. You think straight, talk straight, and communicate well. You have experience with people/team management, as well as large and complex project management. You’re interested in traveling up to 100% to meet a project’s needs. You’ve read our values, and you’re on board with the way we work. If it sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like most things about our company, the recruitment process at PeopleFirm is a little different. Because we don’t put too much stock in hierarchy, there’s no formal ascending path of important people you’ll follow. If your skills and experience seem like a match, over the course of a number of weeks you’ll talk with a range of people from the firm. It might take a little longer than you’re used to, but hang with us — it’s worth it. Because our culture is so important, we want to make sure we’re truly the perfect fit for you, and vice versa, before you become a member of the Tribe. Besides, taking the time to be transparent and making sure all of your questions to be answered sure seems like a good use of our time. And yours.