We’re a people-oriented management consulting firm, and we’re looking to hire an Account Lead position for a Beaverton-based athletic apparel and footwear company. This role is a key member of the PeopleFirm Portland leadership team, responsible for growing business in this key account, ensuring the delivery of top-quality consulting services, building and maintaining strong client relationships, and mentoring our team of consultants who deliver work for this client.
We’re a close-knit culture (we call ourselves “a Tribe”), with a strong culture code, a focus on living and working our values without a lot of hierarchy, and having fun along the way. If a team like ours sounds interesting to you, read on for more deets.
Success in this role means driving account growth and revenue by bringing PeopleFirm services to solve client business needs and ensuring profitable delivery. The Account Lead will achieve this growth by maintaining and enhancing our existing client relationships, as well as expanding our delivery footprint into new teams and departments. We would like for you to have existing knowledge of and have established executive-level client relationships at the sportswear company. Leveraging your knowledge and relationships should result in developing a strong account plan that will result in expanding our reach and growth in each account. Success also means supporting our committed and engaged local team of consultants in achieving their career aspirations, and ensuring we sustain our healthy tribe culture. Lastly, success means leading our efforts to enhance and promote our unique PeopleFirm brand within the Portland market.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Define, build, and implement account sales strategy
- Manage project portfolio, account resources, and identify and develops new opportunities within account.
- Able to deepen our knowledge of the client’s business needs and map them to our current service offerings.
- Deliver high quality work as a lead consultant in several of these areas: organizational effectiveness, change management, leadership development, organizational design and/or HR process improvement.
- Build trusted client advisor partnerships across the account.
- Build and manage account team, help develop team knowledge, provide coaching, and remove obstacles that may inhibit individual project success. Create a positive account environment and ensure account team members have opportunities to meet development goals.
- Responsible for account quality assurance and minimize any risk associated with project delivery provided to the client.
- Proven track record of delivering work at the sportswear company and solid existing relationships across the organization.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting client delivery with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in account management.
- Demonstrated success growing and extending a client base over time.
- Successful record of growing and developing people.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills, including experience engaging with C-Suite or Executive level clients.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management capabilities, with the ability to multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus
Interested in joining our growing team?
We’re looking for innovative experts in change management, talent management, and organizational design. Does this sound like you? You have 8-10 years prior experience, including experience consulting in large firms or firms specializing in organizational performance, change management, talent management, or human capital consulting. You might have an advanced degree in a relevant discipline. You cringe at cookie cutter solutions, and you’re known for your creativity and innovation. You don’t take yourself too seriously. You can think big and also dive in to do the work. You think straight, talk straight, and communicate well. You have experience with people/team management, as well as large and complex project management. You’re interested in traveling up to 100% to meet a project’s needs. You’ve read our values, and you’re on board with the way we work. If it sounds like a fit, we’d love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like most things about our company, the recruitment process at PeopleFirm is a little different. Because we don’t put too much stock in hierarchy, there’s no formal ascending path of important people you’ll follow. If your skills and experience seem like a match, over the course of a number of weeks you’ll talk with a range of people from the firm. It might take a little longer than you’re used to, but hang with us — it’s worth it. Because our culture is so important, we want to make sure we’re truly the perfect fit for you, and vice versa, before you become a member of the Tribe. Besides, taking the time to be transparent and making sure all of your questions to be answered sure seems like a good use of our time. And yours.