We’re a successful (and growing) management consulting firm, and we’re looking to hire a Market Lead in our Seattle office. This key member of the PeopleFirm Seattle office will drive Seattle market growth and profitability, develop key business and client relationships, and continue to enhance PeopleFirm’s positive and recognized brand within the market.
We’re a close-knit culture (we call ourselves The Tribe), with a strong culture code, a focus on living and working our values, and having fun along the way. If a team like ours sounds interesting to you, read on for more deets.
Success in this role means growing market revenue and delivery profitability. The Market Lead will achieve this growth by maintaining and enhancing our existing client relationships, as well as expanding our delivery footprint into new targeted organizations. Success means supporting our committed and engaged local team of consultants in achieving their career aspirations, and ensuring we sustain our healthy tribe culture. Lastly, success means leading our efforts to enhance and promote our unique PeopleFirm brand within the Seattle market.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Take accountability for the growth of the Seattle market by leading the development of a market-centric strategy for solution-based sales and team growth.
- Ensure market revenue growth and profitability. Actively drive business development with the express purpose of selling new projects and identifying new opportunities. Develop proposals, presentations, and statements of work (SOW). Successfully connect with prospects/clients and design & sell solution-based engagements. Expectation is to own and manage sales of $3M annually to start, with growth to $5M+. Deal size ranges from 10k to 250k, depending on project scope and level of complexity.
- Develop, broaden and deepen relationships with key business leaders within the Seattle market, leverage professional contacts, maintain community involvement, and grow market presence and brand recognition for the benefit of PeopleFirm.
- Nurture the PeopleFirm Tribe members in Seattle to create a positive community aligned with PeopleFirm values and our culture code. Includes recruiting strategy and execution, staffing planning, talent review and feedback, supporting career development, mentoring, promoting and engaging in events for the local team, etc.
- Able to manage administrative aspects of consultative engagements including mitigating engagement risk, project planning and budgeting, managing invoices and accounts receivable, defining deliverables, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client. Ensure quality delivery across the market.
- Able to execute client delivery consulting projects, assessments, map solutions to client business processes, and develop value proposition and business case.
- Partner with Service Leads to ensure a strong mix of services is delivered and sold in the market, build market-specific sales strategies, and ensure local Tribe members are skilled up to help deliver those services.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting client delivery with a minimum of 5+ years business development and sales of management consulting services.
- Demonstrated success growing and extending a client base over time.
- Successful record of growing and developing people.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills, including experience engaging with C-Suite or Executive level clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus