We’re a management consulting firm focused on helping our clients achieve the ultimate win-win: inspired people driving inspiring performance – and we’re looking to hire a senior-level Business Developer to drive business development/sales and support our growth. More deets follow below, so read on if you think you have those chops and can handle a bogey between $2-3M annually.
Let’s talk location first: we have some flexibility in where this person is based. Our preference is for our core markets of Seattle or Portland. A close second option to consider is someplace on the west coast. For the absolutely amazing candidate we’d consider other locations. But regardless of location, you’ll be responsible for sales in our core markets, and beyond. And you’ll need to be willing and able to easily and efficiently travel to play this role regardless of where you live.
The Senior Business Developer role is a highly visible one, focused on signing new clients and selling work. This role has responsibility for expanding PeopleFirm’s management consulting services into new organizations. To be successful, you’ll have to map to our values and our culture and you’ll have to be able to design and sell solutions (not set products). You’re a team of one who collaborates with many, and will need to demonstrate both strategic and scrappy get’r’done skills.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Develop and manage the sales strategy and plan to expand our consulting services into organizations that are not existing clients of PeopleFirm, or haven’t been clients for a while
- Develop trusted relationships with executive-level personnel at prospects; grow and nurture those relationships over time; we expect you to bring an active network of relevant contacts as well to give you a head-start, and we’ll also plug you into our networks too
- Work closely with the consulting team to build and execute successful sales plans, to ensure impactful conversations in the market, and, in time, to provide input and feedback from the market in order to influence the evolution of our services
- Assist in or drive the development of proposals and responses to RFPs
- Implement best practices for generating leads, tracking opportunities, and managing sales opportunities; contribute to the evolution of our firm’s business development methodology, infrastructure, and acumen
- Manage account timelines, budgets, and other critical administration responsibilities
- Grow awareness of our brand and build your own professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements, or community activities
- Demonstrated track record of successful ability to connect with prospects to understand their needs and then design & sell solution-based engagements that map to our unique service capabilities – not products, not subscriptions or memberships, but solution-based services
- 10+ years of sales experience in management consulting, advisory, and/or professional services; sales experience or subject matter expertise related to Human Capital consulting services is a significant advantage
- If you don’t bring prior experience in the Human Capital space, we want to understand your passion and interest around this stuff – because it’s all we do
- Experience developing new relationships while successfully maintaining existing relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university; advanced degree is a plus
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients and within PeopleFirm; can build consensus and achieve goals through influence
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills across all levels within an organization; strong presentation and selling/influencing skills; solid poise, polish, and executive presence
- Strong commitment to customer service and “getting it right”; strong negotiation and client management skills
- Ability to successfully collaborate with PeopleFirm colleagues, and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; experience working with virtual teams is required
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines concurrently; demonstrated success at managing both the strategy and the details
- Willingness and ability to share knowledge with others, build sales skills across our organization, and mentor others in building their skills
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems