PeopleFirm is looking to hire a Chief of Staff to provide support for our busy and dynamic CEO, Tamra Chandler. This is a new role that we’ve decided to bring into PeopleFirm to create greater support and efficiency for Tamra across a wide variety of tasks that allow her to focus on the higher value areas of thought leadership, strategic client delivery, and PeopleFirm strategy. Successfully playing this role means an ability to take action and move tasks forward, to learn all aspects of our work, and to ultimately provide “lift” for Tamra. Potential career path for this role could include transitioning into our Consulting Team and delivering services to clients – but we’re seeking a person to fill the role for a minimum 12-month commitment first before we discuss any transition planning steps.
You need to be willing to do all levels of work – this may range from making sure boxes of books arrive at a conference to attending important sales meetings with C-level execs. One minute you might be managing Tamra’s calendar and travel itineraries and then next working on strategic documents to drive PeopleFirm’s growth. As you demonstrate success and build Tamra’s trust, your scope and level of assignments will grow as well. Work schedule and priorities will be dynamic, so you should be ultra-flexible and resilient to match. In turn, it’s a great development opportunity to get to shadow and learn from an award-winning leader in her field, one of the very best in our humble opinion!
- Support sales process by attending business development meetings, creating proposals, updating internal tools, and ensuring timely follow up
- Ensure CEO is well prepared for conferences and speaking engagements: prep materials, distribute seat cards, track potential BD leads, and send follow up emails.
- Provide assistance with client delivery, such as capturing content from workshops, creating or editing slide decks, and reviewing materials
- Support the promotion of books and other thought leadership
- Assist Tamra with elements of her role related to PeopleFirm leadership, our strategic initiatives, and our general business
- Provide administrative support to Tamra, such as scheduling meetings, booking travel, and completing expense reports, etc.
Required Experience and Attributes:
- We think that an experienced professional with 3-4 years of prior consulting experience is the best fit. And you have to have a passion or interest in our disciplines, if you don’t have prior experience in our space. We do have a preference for someone possessing prior experience with consulting firms specializing in Change Management, OD, Talent Management, or Human Capital consulting; relevant experience in an internal role in one of these areas may also suffice.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong project management, and ability to follow through on a wide variety of tasks and to multi-task constantly.
- Strong customer service orientation, helping others succeed, delighting customers and clients, going the extra mile, and a focus on leaving things better than when you found them.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, an ability and comfort speaking with all levels in an organization. Comfort with receiving feedback; openness to seek feedback and extend it appropriately to others.
- Strong PowerPoint skills with some design chops to quickly be able to create visually appealing slide decks and other materials.
- Interest in and aptitude for inside sales work; prior experience supporting business development would be a big plus.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; related advanced degree is a plus.
- Must be located in Seattle, willing to travel on a regular basis, and be able to flex your work schedule dynamically. This is an exempt role and the baseline expectation is 45 hours per week, with the workload flexing above that regularly.