We’re a strategy and implementation consulting firm, focusing on helping organizations become higher-performing through their people.
We are looking for a new leader for our Portland office. This key member of our senior leadership team will focus on Portland market growth, developing new business relationships, and continuing to position PeopleFirm as a positive and recognized brand within the market.
We’re a close-knit team, with a strong culture code, a focus on living and working our values, and the drive to always strive to be better and have fun along the way. As the leader of this team, you need to have a passion for developing people and cultivating our culture along with rocking business development and delivering work.
Here’s what we expect this person to do:
- Take accountability for the growth of the Portland market by leading the development of a market-centric strategy for sales and team growth. Actively drive business development with the express purpose of selling new projects and identifying new opportunities. Develop proposals, presentations, and statements of work.
- Develop, broaden and deepen relationships with key business leaders within the Portland market, leverage professional contacts, maintain community involvement, and grow market presence and brand recognition for the benefit of PeopleFirm.
- Nurture the PeopleFirm team members in Portland to create a positive community aligned with PeopleFirm values and our culture code; drive recruiting strategy and execution, staffing planning, talent review and feedback, support career development, mentoring, promoting and engaging in events with the local team.
- Partner with PeopleFirm senior leadership team based locally and elsewhere to develop and execute long and short-term strategy. Contribute to key strategic initiatives for the organization. Play a critical role in representing Portland market needs as well as contributing to the overall leadership of the firm.
- Partner with Service Leads to ensure a strong mix of services is delivered and sold in the market, build market-specific sales strategies, and ensure local team members are skilled up to help deliver those services.
- Strong familiarity with our consulting services especially culture, leadership, org design, people strategy, talent management, and change management. Lead projects in your areas of expertise and ensure quality delivery across all our projects in the market. Coach and mentor consultants delivering work across all services.
- Manage administrative aspects of consultative engagements such as project planning and budgeting, forecasting, risk mitigation, defining deliverables, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting client delivery with a minimum of 5+ years business development and sales of management consulting services.
- Demonstrated success growing and extending a client base over time.
- Successful record of growing and developing people.
- Strong understanding of human capital consulting and ability to oversee and/or deliver consulting in many of our services areas (leadership, culture, organization design, talent management, and change management).
- Strong communication and client-facing skills, including experience engaging with C-Suite or Executive level clients.
- Alignment to our values and commitment to diversity & inclusion.
A bit about us:
PeopleFirm is a strategy and implementation management consulting firm dedicated to achieving the ultimate win-win for our clients: inspired people driving inspiring performance. We are unlike any other consulting firm you may know. Check out our website (www.peoplefirm.com) for more information about who we are and what we do for our clients, the recognition we’ve earned in the marketplace, and what it’s like to work with us. With offices in Seattle and Portland OR, and with clients all across the country, we believe even more goodness lies ahead.
Not only do we impress our clients, but we rock it for our own team! For our employees, we offer a highly competitive compensation package, a discretionary bonus program, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability coverage. To provide our team members with time to recharge, we offer paid holidays and an unlimited PTO policy. Finally, to enable our employees to grow and thrive over the course of their career with us, we provide progressive career management processes, no titles, limited hierarchy, and a collaborative team environment.
Recent recognition includes being named as one of the best workplaces by Oregon Business Magazine and a top employer by Oregon Business Monthly Magazine, Seattle Business Monthly Magazine, Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, and Consulting Magazine. Our firm’s expansion has earned us rankings among top-growth surveys by the Puget Sound Business Journal and Inc’s 500/5000 List. We have been consistently recognized as one of the top Women-owned Businesses in Washington State. We are proud of our accomplishments and truly value creating and fostering PeopleFirm as a great workplace for our employees.
We’re growing – and we’re looking for the next talented, generally awesome, person to join our successful practice and blaze new paths. We want a diverse mix of talent, so we seek out people with different types of experiences and backgrounds.
If you would like to apply, please click HERE to fill out an application.